Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Ii have no replacement for the photo cartridge. Do I need to

Customer Question
have one if I'm not...
Ii have no replacement for the photo cartridge. Do I need to have one if I'm not printing photos? The one installed is out of ink, so I removed it., Do I need a photo ink cartridge?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: I am using a photo smart 7520 and using genuine HP ink cartridges.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am using a Mac with operating system OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have been using a photo cartrdge that is almost if not out of ink. I put in a new black ink cartridge but it idid not print at all. So I installed a new black ink cartridge and it printed well for one project. Then we just printed another sheet and the print was faint then stopped printing at all.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cleaned the print heads and the only cartrdge with streaks was the photo cartridge.
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 25 days ago
Damian Costa

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 25 days ago

The regular ink cartridges are fine that came factory default for your model

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I believe I answered my question re printing without the photo cartridge. I removed it and it wouldn't print. So I reinstalled it and tried printing the page that was sent to me and it printed fairly well.
My question is do I need to have a photo cartridge?
\
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 25 days ago

there is 2 things you can mean

are you referring to your color cartridge as a "photo cartridge"

OR

are you asking if you HAVE to use a premium "photo quality" color ink vs using a standard color ink cartridge

which way do you mean the question?

John, Computer Science Engineer