Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My MFC-J435W will not power on. Unplugged it and plugged it…

Customer Question
My MFC-J435W will not...

My MFC-J435W will not power on. Unplugged it and plugged it back in. Seems dead

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Brother Mac-j435w. 8 years old approx

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IOS. Printing from iPhone and ipad

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Have been away 6 Days. Came home to print and nothing happened. It looked dark so I tried the power button. Nothing. Then unplugged it and plugged it back in. Nokthing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That I would like to print from my iPad tonight. Lol

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, is the printer completely / electrically dead?
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.