Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have an HP Photosmart D7560 which I thought had died. Then

I have an HP Photosmart...
I have an HP Photosmart D7560 which I thought had died. Then I discovered an idiot renter had unplugged it so he could plug in a router. It's now plugged back in, but while it was down I'd upgraded from WindowsXP to Windows 10. The problem I have is that when I turn it on I get the error message that the black print cartridge is either out or missing. I have a replacement cartridge, but when I open the top door the print head (the thing with the cartridges) went over to the right and won't move to the center. I've been looking everywhere, but can't find the CD with the software drivers. Help!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The HP folder had a 2005 date so I assume that's when I bought it.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have a PC and as far as I know, it's Windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been an issue for several months. I was taking the printer out when I discovered it had been unplugged. I plugged it back in and it powers up, but the print head won't center when I open the top door.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That pretty well covers it.
11/20/2017
Damian Costa

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

Did you install the Windows 10 drivers?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Another renter did. While back in 1969 I wrote the control program for the Air Defense System of the Continental US, I haven't kept up with Windows, let alone Windows 10 which another renter recently installed.

lol nice...DOD

former Marine myself

Give me a few minutes

That was back with machine language? Cobalt? etc?

OK step 1...believe it or not...you kind of have to man handle that carriage a little

It will slide over (I've been in your boat before)...grab it firm the best you can from the side and slide it smoothly over to the center of the rack

Obviously don't bend it or break it...keep it centered on the track but for slide it to the middle of the rack so you can swap cartridges

When you are done...the system will auto calibrate once you shut the cover

And adjust the positions back to default factory positions

Damian Costa
Damian Costa
Damian Costa
Damian Costa