Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I try to print from my computer it says Printer needs…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to print from my computer it says Printer needs user intervention. If I print from my phone it is fine. I have had this for a year and never had a problem until now.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

My phone is fine. I have a Samsung duo. Maybe a year.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just started about a month ago. I was able to turn off computer and back on and it would work for awhile. But now is will not print at all. I just bring up the document I want to print and when I hit print it says Priner needs user intervention.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago
Damian Costa

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

Would you like me to log into your computer and call you and do this faster

OR

Walk you through some steps via chat

log into computer
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

Accept the $39 fee when it pops up then

I do not want to pay $39.
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

OK..then we chat

ok
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

step 1...I need you to uninstall and then reinstall your printer software

Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

and if this is a wireless printer...then ensure that you choose that path during the installation process

ok. How do I do that and not lose you. It is wireless
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

all you're doing is uninstalling the Printer software on the computer and then reinstalling it

Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

But when you install the software...it will ask you...is your printer wired or wireless (choose wireless printer)

it doesn't say uninstall it say remove device
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

you have to go to add/remove programs and remove the software for your printer and then reinstall the software (do you still have the installation CD?)

Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

control panel...add/remove programs

it won't let me uninstall from add/remove program
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

OK...I will need to log into your computer and call you if you want to proceed ($39)

Would you like to?

No I will try to uninstall and I have the CD and see if that fixes the problem.
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

OK...you can even try to reinstall right over it by just putting the CD in...it might auto remove the old installation

Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

OR...go through your start menu looking for the printer software (and the corresponding uninstall there)

Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

What brand and model is it?

Thanks. I will try. I am going to disconnect with you now.
It is a HP Envy 7640
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 10 months ago

OK..sounds good

If you appreciate my help today…please rate me 5 stars!!! (rating system at top or bottom of page)