Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm trying to install my wireless Canon Pixma MX 492 to my…

Customer Question
My name is*****'m trying...

My name is*****'m trying to install my wireless Canon Pixma MX 492 to my desk-top computer. I have a wireless router in my house and when I try to follow the steps on your CD It asks me to press a WPS button for 5 sec. on the router. I cannot find any button on my wireless router so nothing to hold down for 5 secs. Don't know what else to do or how else I can get this printer to respond from my comp[utor.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?

I just bought it today from Walmart it better be brand new

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC desktop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have just finished setting everything up on the printer by following the instructions in the packaging. Now I am trying to connect to respond to my comutor if I want to print something, I am using the CD that was in the packaging but as I said before I have come to a stop because I can't hold the button on my router for 5 secs. as it doesn't have a button. Is there another way to connect this printer to my desktop[ is my question

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I need step by step help in setting this up I guess.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: arsufi2002, Technician replied 8 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Technician

Hi Garry,

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Use below reply box to post your response

Let me know when you are ready

ready

ok

Does router have wps button?

I expect free service . I will not pay to have a new printer setup , it should be free service. I will find someone else to help me set up or take the printer back for full refund.

Dear Garry,

This is third party site and we work for computer troubleshooting. I can see you have placed the question for $22.

There is no other fees.

You are connected to expert session, i am one of the expert.

Let me know if you still want to cancel question or want to continue with printer installation procedure

Cancel question and cancel my credit card as well.

Fine...

I will cancel the request.

Thanks for contacting Just Answer.

Have a great day.