Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer 3640 is not accepting the new refill cartridge…

Customer Question
My printer 3640 is...

My printer 3640 is not accepting the new refill cartridge 252 as it previously had. Machine is approximately a year old and I'm ready to throw it out the window. I've done all the maintenance and it's still not printing. I have even performed print head alignments. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Epson 252....Epson WF-3640

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac....no problems before

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The ink ran out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am ready to throw it out the window!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
have you come up with an answer yet?
11/20/2017
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 8 months ago
Damian Costa

Are you using genuine Epson cartridges OR 3rd party refills?

genuine of course
Technician: Damian Costa,
 replied 8 months ago

OK...I would like you to pull the power cord out of the back of the printer...let the printer sit there for over 2 minutes

Then plug it back in...turn it back on and try again...and then give me the results