Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

It is off as I have had some problems w/my Apple

Customer Question
Computer...I do not know how...
It is off as I have had some problems w/my Apple Computer...I do not know how to hook it up as the picture of the printer is not in my dock?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is probably 6 or 7 yrs. old and it has unconnected for awhile as my computer has been down.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Not one as my computer has been down and I had nothing to print
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No do not think so, thanks.
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 25 days ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Well, first how are you going to be connected to this printer. Were you going to connect the printer to your home wifi? Or are you just using a USB cord that connects from the mac computer to the printer. Once we know that then that will let me know what other stuff we may need to install. Also the brand and /or model your printer is.

No matter what type of printer you use wifi or usb, the standard way to add the printer to your mac, you would do the following:

• Click the apple in the top right corner
  • Click system preferences
  • click printers
  • See if your printer is in the printers list
  • If you do not already see the printer in the list then you can click the "+" plus at the bottom of the list
  • Then under the general tab, you can see if your printer name is ***** ***** so choose your printer name and click the add button

If you do not see your printer, don't worry. It could be like I said dependet on which type of printer setup you are needing wifi or USB.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know the steps that are needed but if you need help I can go thru these steps with you or I can even remote into your mac and do all this for you. Please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 24 days ago

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 23 days ago

Did you still need help? Please let me know at your earliest convenience .

Jon
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist