Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Officejet 6600 printer would not print. i unplugged it…

Customer Question
My Officejet 6600 printer...

My Officejet 6600 printer would not print. i unplugged it and when I plugged it back up it will not come back on. Is there something I can do

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Three years and where would I find the model number. I see the serial no, on the back of the printer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Would that be 6600 model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Today. i got new ink and when I insatled it this happened

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: SorenX, Technician replied 9 months ago
SorenX
SorenX, Technician

Hi, my name is Chris!

It sounds like this is a hardware failure with the printer, in which case the only thing you could do would be to take it into a repair shop to have it serviced.

You've probably done this already, but the first thing I would recommend is make sure the power cable is properly seated in the back in the printer. Also, drive a different power outlet. If you're plugged into a power strip, then try going straight into the wall.

If you've done that and you simply are getting no response when you press the power button, then some component within the printer will have failed and the printer would need to be repaired by a qualified technician.

I really wish I had better news for you but unfortunately that is the situation you're looking at here. If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to help any way that I can.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better to end our session for today. Just click to rate.