Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have a Brother MFC-J680DW Work Smart unit. THE PAPER JAMS…

We have a Brother...

We have a Brother MFC-J680DW Work Smart unit. THE PAPER JAMS ALWAYS ON THE SECOND PAGE BEING PRINTED. After I take out the offending piece of paper according to the instructions and push the red "X". The printer resets and is ready for another job. If I print one page, no problem; two pages or more and it again jams the same way. Please provide any ideas that you have.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

About 18 months. Where do I find the information on exact make and model?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OSX EL Capitan Version 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A month or so. It started with happening once in a while and then more often until now it happens every time I try to print.

11/19/2017
Damian Costa

The problem with situations like this...is that Brother would charge you more to fix this issue (because it is out of warranty)...than to simply buy a new one (considering that these printers are in the 50-100 dollar range)

This is also why many printer shops have gone out of business (because the price of new ones are so low...it is more cost effective to simply replace instead of fix)

Your reply is very disheartening and sounds like you really do not know what my problem is and this is the easiest way to settle the situation. Thanks anyway I'll pay the $5.00.
I am not confident in your initial answer that you know how to fix the problem. NO

Would you like me to opt out and let another Expert try?

Keep in mind...this is not Brother directly (this is JustAnswer.com a site full of Experts from around the world)...I for example run a computer store...Have been doing this for 22 years

But let me know what you want to do...if you disbelieve what I am saying

Simple, Can you fix my machine tonight and what will it cost?

I cannot fix your machine over the internet...because you have a mechanical problem with your printer (paper feed etc)...hence my prior advise which you seem to question

I now understand. I thank you for your time. I apologize for my response and wish you a good evening.

Not a problem...all is well that ends well

If you appreciate my help (getting you in the right direction)...please rate me 5 stars at the top of the page!!!

...and have a great night!!!

Damian Costa