Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to set it up and i can not figure out how to do…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to set it up and i can not figure out how to do a capital letter for the wifi password

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

MX492 brand new

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The set up screen asked for the wifi password. my password ***** a capital letter and I do not know what to push on the printer screen to change it from lower case to upper case

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/19/2017
Technician: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, at the screen where you enter your wifi password, in the top right corner of the LCD screen you should see a :1 . This indicates that you are in numeric mode. Please press the asterisk (*) key to switch to :A or uppercase letter mode, pressing asterisk again with switch to lowercase letter mode.

To enter a letter in either letter mode, press the associated number key to cycle through the available letters.

For example: To enter a letter c, you will press the 2 key three times. Press OK when done.

Let me know the results please

Thank you