Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a scanner attached to printer, but it no longer

Customer Question
I have a scanner...

I have a scanner attached to printer, but it no longer responds. Why?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

XP 430 about 2 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC using Win. 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It worked a month ago. Printer works OK. I tried scanner today and got no response. Error messages say scanner is not connected.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/19/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The scanner's drivers may need to be reinstalled, or you may perhaps have corrupted scanner drivers for one of several reasons (including inadequate anti-virus and inadequate firewall protections for and on your computer.)

If it worked before recently, though, that is promising.... how recently, how long ago, was the very last time it was verifiably working as a scanner to your PC?

And, have you bought and installed, any software since then, e.g. Microsoft software or Adobe software (of a non-Free kind) ?

Hi Russell, I am John. It has been a maybe six month since I have used scanner. Could be viruses altho Windows Defender claims to stop oodles of viruses. Also restarts should replace drivers, right? I am also having update problems with Epson. This printer/scanner is connected to computer by wifi. Works OK for printer part.
No new software. Also some problems with Adobe PDF

Please check on something: search for

Security Status

and look under 'Security' as to what it says you have for an Anti-Virus, in that sub-section of the 'Security' section in Security Status.

Let me know what you find, please. This could be important.

I don't have enough info to follow you; what security status? Google search or where?
I need to cancel this session now. Thanks from John

Click on START at lower left, then type

Security Status

into the space to the right of the START button.

click on the Check Security Status (or similar) link that is found, to open Security Status.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)

Your rating is not at issue. (I rated you hereon.) Sorry, but I am not following the technical instructions. Please End our chats and "Just Answer" service now.
I have gone directly to Epson for answers and downloads. Also my Wifi is disconnecting. I need to call Spectrum. Thank you. Good bye, John

Good bye. Thank you for trying JustAnswer.com.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.