Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just changed the cartridges in my hp 6980. now i get a…

Customer Question
I just changed the...

I just changed the cartridges in my hp 6980. now i get a message that the printer is offline when the ready light is actually lit.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hp 6980 it is about 7 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc dell laptop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The ink cartridges ran out, but it was working prior to that happening. just started acting up when i changed the cartridges today/

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/19/2017
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thank you. I need some immediate help as I have to print a term paper due tomorrow morning.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago

Okay, I understand your concern please follow the steps below:

If you have Windows 8 or 10, use HP Printer and Scan Doctor tool to automatically fix several types of problems that can cause the printer to go offline.

1. From the computer you are trying to print from, download and run http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

2. After opening Print and Scan Doctor, read and respond to the screens to resolve the problem.

NOTE:

For network printer connections, make sure and select Test Print to test the connection, and then select No Print after the test has completed to obtain a solution.Let me know if this works if not we will try alternate solution.

I will try. Thanks.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago

Please let me know if you face any issue.