Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon Pixma PRO 9500 II printer. It is printing too…

Customer Question
I have a Canon...

I have a Canon Pixma PRO 9500 Mark II printer. It is printing too dark. How can I calibrate it?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?

I just bought it used. He said he had it about 7 years.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC, os 13.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just got it yesterday so this is my first time using it other than a test at his house before I bought it. It did not print dark yesterday.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
is anyone ever going to answer this????
11/19/2017
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 8 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

sorry for the delay. are you still around ?

it was printing ok yesterday but not today

have you tried it with more than one document ?

and are you using the same paper ?

in the hours I've been waiting for your response I think I have figured some things out. my question now is how do I add paper profiles to the printer? I print through photoshop but have yet to see any option to add a specific paper to select.
Robert, all the company does is keep asking for more money. Initially it was $5. Then $23. Now an additional $39. Can you email me into on how to add a paper profile?

Give me a couple of minutes and i will get you the info

this is a link that shows how to do it

but it is for specific paper from the company that put up the site

do you already have the profiles or do you need them?

if you need them i need to know what paper it is

and you dont usually need them unless it is some pretty specific types of specialized paper

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/profiles/how_to_install_ICC_color_profiles_mac_apple.html