Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

¨rinter says its out of paper when its full.Cant print

Customer Question
168;rinter says its out...

168;rinter says its out of paper when its full.Cant print anything. What do I doÉ Orange light is flashing on printer

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Brand new HP Deskjet 2130 All-in-one series

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC laptop with Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Friday night I turned on laptop to print an email attachment.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/19/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you may be trying to send (or may have a print job you have already sent, that has not yet printed, in the printer's queue) a print job directed to a size of paper that is not loaded, or a specific tray where there is no paper, or even a specific tray where paper of the specified size is not loaded... in this sense, there is 'No paper' of that size, there.

One way to deal with this is, to open the printer queue (i.e. See What's Printing for that specific printer) and then use the printer queue window's menu functions, to Cancel All Print Jobs, check what paper is loaded, what the paper tray settings are in the Print window before you send the next print job... and also, unplug the printer while clearing out its queue, and leave it unplugged for at least 5 or 10 minutes, before plugging it in, powering it On, and waiting 2 minutes to see if the problem is cleared after that is done and the printer queue is cleared, before sending (carefully, as to paper, tray, size) the next print job.

Let me know how that goes - I can help other ways, and will have further advice to offer depending upon details of what happens.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)