Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a hp deskjet 100 mobile printer and I am have issues…

Customer Question
I have a hp...

I have a hp deskjet 100 mobile printer and I am have issues pairing it with my mac book pro.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Deskjet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe 2012-14, It has mod # on back. not sure which # to give you

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Vers. 10.12.6 mac book pro

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

New install. new computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Mac finds the printer, just won't go online. I have reset printer to new default and got rid of any prior bluetooth peripherals

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
I set the passcode to 000000, I pair to the mac, it shows connected. sends me to printer setup. and no connection?
11/19/2017
Technician: tyroneboman, Technician replied 5 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Technician

Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
The best option will be to use a secure remote screen connection to troubleshoot the issue, this will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started. Will that be okay?
You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

OJL411MY17M5106D
I Am fairly good at computers, a little too expensive for this issue

I am sorry for any difficulty. I am not sure about any of the fees. I only do the tech support.

$32 FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE, $52 FOR REMOTE ACCESS. Thats getting close to replacement?!
Can you walk me through this ?

do you have the latest HP bluetooth diver installed on the Mac?

I went onto hp website and installed the newest compatible driver for mac, just a thought though, I have not rebooted the mac

okay, does the HP Mobile 100 appear in the list of available printers on the Mac?

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

2. Click the Add button , then click Default.

3. Select the printer in the Printers list, then click Add. If the printer you expect to see is not in the list, enter its name in the search field, then press Return.

The ADD button in System Preferences>Printers & Scanners is the Plus sign+

the printer is set as default, just shows offline. works via usb

okay, disconnect the USB and then open a document to print, choose the HP in the Print dialog when you’re ready to print.

I did that and says printer off line

okay, try removing the printer using the minus button in system preferences, then readd the printer.

I removed the printer, re found it via usb. works ok with usb tried to connect with bluetooth, found it, refused connection due to wrong passkey. adjusted passkey to 000000 as the default is for this printer. shows connected. open the printer to print and shows disconnected??

okay, Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Is the printer in the list of Paired devices?

printer is on the list, bluetooth on mac and printer are on, won't pair
John, Computer Science Engineer