Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Error message 6000 on my PIXMA MG6820. Printer seems to have…

Customer Question
Error message 6000 on...

Error message 6000 on my PIXMA MG6820. Printer seems to have sucked about 20 sheets of paper waaay back. Can barely reach them but don't want to risk pulling off tiny bits of paper to get stuck later. How to proceed?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a Canon PIXMA MG6820, not more than a few years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC OS High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

My husband printed something yesterday, then got a message that there was a paper jam. He removed and replaced the visible paper. I wanted to use the printer today and got the 6000 error message. I followed the instructions to turn the printer off and then on again, then realized the paper was further in than it should have been and couldn't easily reach it to remove.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Printer is unplugged. That's about it. Thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/19/2017
Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 7 months ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

So to clarify have you tried updating the drivers and firmware of the PIXMA MG6820 printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff