Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

THE START BUTTON ON MY KODAK VERITE PRINTER FLASHES RED. it…

Customer Question
THE START BUTTON ON...

THE START BUTTON ON MY KODAK VERITE PRINTER FLASHES RED. it tells me to check the lock of the ink cartridges. In doing so I found a loose plas tic strip about 3/16 of an inch wide and about 2 inches shorter than the width of the printer. I can not tell where it came from

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kodak is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a verite65+ about 1 year old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

HP laptop operating from windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have no idea. I tried to copy some documents two days ago and the problem was there

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Where does this plastic strip connect and how can I open the top of the printer to fix the problem. there are connection holes on both ends of the strip and it is not damaged.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/19/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

That is the encoder strip it is used by the printhead/carriage to sense its position in the printer.

You'll need to hook it back into the slots inside on either end of the printer, it should sit up and behind the head.

Is there any way to get at the slots other than from the front of the printer?

You will likely only be able to access it from above, where you put the cartridges in.

They really are not meant to come out though, so there is a good chance there was damage done in the process of whatever dislodged it and it is quite likely that it won't be repairable.

Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.