Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to set up once run a text. Comes up w/error. Mx922.

Customer Question
Trying to set up...

Trying to set up once run a text

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Comes up w/error

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mx922

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just trying to set up now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Runs a test

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
no computer
pls call me
11/19/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What the error is, determines what to do about it. If it is a new printer, and you have set it up according to instructions, then if it says 'printhead error', double-check that you removed packing inserts from inside the printer - and if it can't be blamed on that, the printer is defective from the vendor or store and you should pack it up again, inform them by phone at once about the defective status and the error code it showed, and ask for a return-and-exchange arrangement. (Leave this message, regardless of the hour, to get the notice 'delivered' to the vendor or store as soon as possible.) Then return it to the store and get a refund, or an exchange for another printer - in working condition! - of the same model or same capabilities and value.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further - be sure to mention exactly what error the printer shows, and whether it is New or Old/Used/etc.

Thanks.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech