Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Different colour rendition relative to screen image. any

Hi, different colour rendition relative...
Hi, different colour rendition relative to screen image. any suggestions? I was wondering whether I could do a factory reset and start over?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Whoops, Artisan 1430, 3 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10, via Photoshop CC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has always been an issue. I had a color monkey, it never got it right either. I suspect it might be a setting in either windows (was the same with 7) or photoshop.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that covers it. Thanks.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I do
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I do not want you to connect to my PC. Instruct me.

Understood.

Have you tried updating the drivers and firmware of the Artisan 1430 printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
But I can do it agian if you wish.

Great!

I also see there is a firmware available, have you also installed this?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
n ot sure what you mean. Where would I find the driver and firmware updtes?

I understand.

The drivers/firmware can be found here:https://epson.com/Support/Printers/Single-Function-Inkjet-Printers/Artisan-Series/Epson-Artisan-1430/s/SPT_C11CB53201

It would be greatly appreciated to rate me after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I greatly appreciate you giving me some help first.

Yes, offcourse.

Lets get this solved.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Promply, I signed on at 11:15.it's now 1:45

Understood.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I've done that (again), as I did it back in August. The text page prints fine as it always has. My problem is photographs.

Great, also the firmware?

Does it matter from which program you are printing?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
doing the firmware now. i'll let you know shortly.Mike S

Great Mike.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Just printed, looks better but not correct, 4 x 6 my car. I'll print another and get back to you, 8 x 10 portrait.

Understood Mike.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Before I print, I've already set photoshop manges colours, and premium luster, I'm at the 'Printer set up', advanced settings. it defaults to 'ICM' is this correct?

Yes, that is correct Mike.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

It would be greatly appreciated to rate my answer after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I think we may have resolved it with the firmware update.
Thank you. I gave you 4 stars, 3 and a half hours is too long, which might not be your falt I realise.Mike S

I understand Mike.

Glad we got this solved.

Sorry for the long waiting time.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff

jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer