Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just plugged in new Epson Surecolor P 600 for first time.

Customer Question
Just plugged in new...

Just plugged in new Epson Surecolor P 600 for first time. When I turn it on and choose English as the language, it starts up, makes a bad noise and gives error code 0x53

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

I have double-checked the code. It is an Epson SureColor P600. Brand new out of the box.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I haven't connected my computer to the printer yet. In the step-by-step set up guide, it said to turn the printer on first. My computer is a Mac, but not connected yet.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Literally happened in first minute I turned on printer for the very first time.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/19/2017
Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 7 months ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Can’t have you connect to device because the error comes up before I can connect it to internet.

Understood.

Have you tried updating the firmware and the drivers of your Epson SureColor P600 printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Sorry, but my problem is with getting it to start up in the first place. Per the instructions, I’m to plug it in and turn it on before putting in ink or connecting to internet. I get the 0x53 error almost immediately. I can’t update drivers and such if I can’t get it to run.

Understood.

Does your computer not recognise the printer even with the error message?

Error 0x52 pertains to a paper jam.

Have you tried opening up the printer for any paper pieces?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey