Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson workforce 545 is properly connected and has always…

Customer Question
My Epson workforce 545...

My Epson workforce 545 is properly connected and has always worked, but now it won't. I get message: "communication error". Does this have something to do with updated operating system? Regardless, how can I proceed to fix it?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Sierra Sierra, recently updated

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not since i was prompted to update Sierra recently, which I did

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Checked connections, looked for printer software update, reset printers

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not tha i can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/19/2017
Technician: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. This could definitely be the result of the recent OS update that you made. There may be updated driver for your printer for Sierra. To ensure that I find the correct driver, can you please click on the Apple menu, then choose About This Mac? Your numerical version of OS X appears directly below “OS X”. Please provide that information.