Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I wish to assign a gmail email address to my default email…

Customer Question
I wish to assign...

I wish to assign a gmail email address to my default email STMP, but it does not seem to work with gmail, can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

WP3640 its about 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

The printing is fine and working. I want scan documents and email them. Currently I am using a POP3 email address, but if I change that to a STMP Gmail account I cant get it to authenticate and work.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I tried to change the email address because I am changing ISP.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
Technician: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Do you use outlook for your gmail account ?

Here Are the Default Gmail SMTP Settings. Please use them and let me know how it goes ?

• Gmail SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
  • Gmail SMTP username: Your full Gmail address (e.g.***@******.***)
  • Gmail SMTP password: Your Gmail password
  • Gmail SMTP port (TLS): 587
  • Gmail SMTP port (SSL): 465
  • Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes

Did this work for you ?