Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I tried to print a document 2 pages, it came out in…

Customer Question
When I tried to...

When I tried to print a document 2 pages long, it came out in huge print down the right side only and used 15 pages of paper before the printer ran out of paper. Now if I want to print something else, it will print the remainder of these pages before I can do anything else. I don't know how to cancel a project once it starts. Help!

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP Envy 4512 Less than 2 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I think it is PC. I don't know what an operating system is. Sorry, I am a bit computer challenged.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just yesterday I wanted to print something and another document entirely came out before the one I wanted. I don't know that anything happened before this popped up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a charge for this?

Technician's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Printer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

What is the rest?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/19/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 10 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,