Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Been away from a vacation home for a while and my printer is…

Customer Question
Been away from a...

Been away from a vacation home for a while and my printer is only printing every third line, parts of the second line, and many blank spaces. I have cleaned the heads and changed the cartridge.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

XP 430; maybe a year old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC; I just successfully updated to the latest Epson software.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Been away from the home for 3 months and it was working fine when I left (although I had a similar problem when I returned the last time as well; cleared it up by cleaning the heads I believe). So it started when I returned today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/19/2017
Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 8 months ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

but not near the printer now

I understand.

Please message me when you are available, I will be standing by.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

OK, I cleaned the printer heads and completed the nozzle check this AM and it seems to be working now. Maybe I just had to do this multiple times after an extended period of non-usage.

I understand.

Great to read this got solved.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

It would be greatly appreciated to rate me after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Kind regards,

Jeff

Do you still need me to update the drivers and firmware for you?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey