Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP 8610 all-in-one printer. I printed the manual…

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP 8610 all-in-one printer. I printed the manual yesterday. My problem is getting the printer to scan a photo to the computer.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I'm guessing 1-2 years, HPOfficeJet Pro 8610 and I have a Dell laptop.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc, windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This is the first time I have tried to scan and I just wanter to put my face on facebook.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried the directions in the manual and they didn't work.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/18/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 9 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link below, download and install Windows Scan App.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/store/p/windows-scan/9wzdncrfj3pv

Then, try scanning using Windows Scan App. Either open it from Start button -> All Apps -> Scan or search for Scan App in Cortana.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!