Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cannot get my MF229dw to into "Energy Saver" mode. It's an…

Customer Question
I cannot get my...

I cannot get my MF229dw to into "Energy Saver" mode.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

It's an MR229dw about 1 year old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Currently on an iMac OS 10.13.2, can try on PC Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has been this way for about a week. Installed new scanner drivers just before issue started.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so ..

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/19/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I advise you to go into the

MENU

then into the Network Settings,

then into the Wireless Network Settings,

and enable Power Save Mode there by selecting YES, then pressing Home.

If that isn't the problem, tell me more and I will advise you further.