Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to setup my printer wireless function. It was…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I am...

Second opinion] I am trying to setup my printer wireless function. It was previously set up to a router. Looking at the print out report the only thing that seems to be wrong is it failed security. What is that?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hp touchsmart. Maybe 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac. OS 10.7.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I moved and all was fine using a router. Now I must us wireless.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/18/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

'Failed security' in general, after a change of router, probably means the printer is not connecting to the new router owing to a problem with the password ***** the WiFi connection.

Aside from that... there might be a problem with the MAC Address also, but it's hard to tell right now.

Re-connecting the printer to the WiFi would help. Re-installing the driver, after removing the old driver/configuration, onto your computer, may be necessary, too.

If you wish I can try remotely connecting to your computer - with your approval only - and see to getting a way worked out through this problem, for a small additional fee.

If you would rather not, then I can also instruct you toward a solution, somewhat more slowly.

Let me know which approach you would prefer, and I will help you as needed.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page*. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(* http://www.justanswer.com/printers/at9xl-trying-setup-printer-wireless-function.html )

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)