Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It won't print, instead a yellow triangle is blinking and it…

Customer Question
It won't print, instead...

It won't print, instead a yellow triangle is blinking and it says to get help

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

PIXMA M922

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MX922

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing unusual, about a week now. turning it off and on doesn't work

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/18/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

How old is the printer?

Approximately 3 years

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.