Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

On my HP 6940 printer -- all of a sudden when I am replacing…

Customer Question
On my HP 6940...

On my HP 6940 printer -- all of a sudden when I am replacing the ink, it will not allow the printer ink modules go in correctly.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

HP 6940 is the model and I have never had any problems replacing the ink.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I don' t think that has anything to do with it. I think it is a mechanical problem with the slot that the ink goes in.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was working perfecting with the printing. I ran out of color ink and was adding new color ink. It goes in but the part that snaps in above it well not snap in.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/18/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you mean that the cartridges physically won't fit into the slots?
Can you check the new and old cartridges and compare them very carefully to see if all the numbers on them are the same? You may have got a set of bad cartridges or the wrong model.

I have solved the problem. Thanks anyway

You're welcome.