Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I recently moved and can't seem to get my canon wireless…

Customer Question
I recently moved and...

I recently moved and can't seem to get my canon wireless printer connected to my laptop. i did it before in my other home but can't figure out why it isn't working for me this time. what am i doing wrong?it is a pima mg6820

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I've never had a problem before, give me a minute and i can find out how old it is. i got in in december of 2015

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacBookAirr laptop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing, as i said i just moved. so i unplugged it at the old house and when i tried to connect it here at the new house, i can't get it connote to my wifi.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/18/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 10 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try setting up wireless on your printer by following the instructions below.

Please follow the instructions below.

1. Press the Setup button on your printer.

2. Press the Right/left Arrow buttons to select Wireless LAN setup, and then press the OK button.

3. It may ask to activate Wireless LAN. Select Yes, then press the OK button. When wireless connection is enabled, the Wi-Fi lamp (D) lights blue.

4. Select Easy setup, and then press the OK button.

5. Use the arrow keys to select your access point (wireless) name, then press the OK button.

6. Enter the network key (wireless name) and press OK button. Make sure that the network key is correct, it is case sensitive.

7. When the connected to the access point screen appears, press the OK button.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
my printer does not have a "setup" button, it has "power' home, a u-shaped sideways arrow, start, ink color selection, and stop.is there an extra charge for you to connect it remotely?
cancel this whole transaction and do NOT charge anything to my credit card, this is a scam.

You will not be charged for additional offers, without your permission.

1. From the Home screen, swipe from right to left until LAN settings appears. Then tap its icon.

2. Tap Wireless LAN setup

3. Tap Standard Setup.

4. Use the arrow keys to select your access point (wireless) name, then press the OK button.

5. Enter the network key (wireless name) and press OK button. Make sure that the network key is correct, it is case sensitive.

6. When the connected to the access point screen appears, press the OK button.

Thank you.

Customer/p>