Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a MX532. A document jammed in the auto feeder. I

Customer Question
I have a MX532...

I have a MX532. A document jammed in the auto feeder. I opened the tray & removed the page.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

MX532, about 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A document jammed in the feeder tray yesterday.I removed it and the screen keeps flashing "canon" and it is beeping

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have unplugged it from the power & the PC and reconnected. No change. Keeps beeping

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
11/19/2017
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

May I know if you are getting any error message on your computer screen or printer screen?

The printer keeps beeping and the word "Canon" keeps flashing on & off on the printer screen
I have tried to go into the printer maintenance and it says the printer isn't connected. I have checked all the wires.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

Okay, may I know how your is printer connected to your computer is it through WiFi or Ethernet wire?

Ethernet to a USB plug in
The $52.00 is this the total charge? I saw a $5.00 deposit and an additional $39.00 once a technician gets the answer.
What if you can't fix it?
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

If we will not be able to resolve your issue you can get the refund of your money.

is $52.00 the total charge. I can buy a new printer for just over $100.00
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

I am a user of the site just like you and cannot help you with site-related issues or Payment related issues. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

let's connect & I will fight with them later if the bill is too high.
remote assistance isn't available???
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

May I know if you still need assistance?

can you do a remote now?
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

I can take remote access but it seems like problem is with hardware.

I think something went wrong with the printer when to page jammed in the feeder.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

Okay,May I know if you still have paper in the feeder?

No.
I cleared out the feeder.
I have disconnected the power to clear the memory.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

Do you see any light flashes on your printer?

the word "canon" flashes on and off on the screen and it beeps every time it flashes.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

May I know if power light is flashing green and also the alarm light is flashing orange?

only the power light is flashing green. If I push and hold down the Stop button the alarm light will start to flash.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

How many times your alarm light is flashing is it 2 times or 3 times?

it just keeps flashing steadily at the same rate. it stays on for a couple of seconds each time.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

May I know if the fine cartridge is installed properly?

fine cartridge?? do you mean the ink cartridges?
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

Yes, The ink cartridges.

they are parked & I can't move them
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

We can try to reset the printer by following the steps below:

1.Press the Power button to turn on the product.
2.Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the product.
3.Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
4.Disconnect the power cord from the product.
5.Wait 30 seconds.
6.Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
7.Reconnect the power cord to the product.
8.Press the Power button to turn on the product.
9.Reconnect the USB cable to the product.
10.Check the product control panel to see if the error message still displays.

Let me know if you see any error message on your printer.

I did this all again. I did it repeatedly yesterday. Power button still flashes green. No error message unless I press the Stop button.
The machine will not power on no matter what I do.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

I am sorry. Unfortunately I am out of ideas. I may have to open this question to other experts by opting out from this issue, so that any other expert would give you a quick solution for this problem with no extra charge. They can read the old conversation so no need to explain it again they will start from where we have left.Thank you.

thanks anyway. bye
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 5 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

are you checking the ADF unit which is the place on top where you put an original document that you want to copy or scan?

removed the jammed piece of paper. Unplugged printer to clear memory. Power button keeps flashing green & continuous beep.

does it give any other error message ?

can you try putting another piece of paper in the adf and see if it feeds through ?

Technician: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 5 months ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Hi, I noticed the previous expert was assisting you with your scanner. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

I have given up. The ink jet carriage is jammed. I got it kick in. The carriage ran across & then got to a point where it made a weird grinding noise & stopped.
JJesus Perez Gonzale
JJesus Perez Gonzale
JJesus Perez Gonzale