Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to print out a photo and the printer is printing…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to print out a photo and the printer is printing 1/3 of the picture, then spooling for a long time, then it spits out the unfinished print. What can I do to correct this?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP Officejet 5741 I bought it right after Christmas 2016

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

No, it was 2015.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just started this morning. Right before this happened, it saidto put more photo paper in. When I pulled out the tray, there was photo paper still in it, and some paper had started to feed into the printer, it looked like.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think oof.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/18/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 8 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

Thank you.