Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just moved a NEC IT253 copier from home to office and when…

Customer Question
Just moved a NEC...

Just moved a NEC IT253 copier from home to office and when plugged in it doesn't start. How to trouble shoot?

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just this morning.

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. It was working last a couple years ago and I haven't used it since then but need to use it now. Just can't get it to come on. I do know the electrical outlet does have power. When it was moved to the office this morning, it was laid on its side in the truck for the drive. Would that have affected it?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

Not sure how old it is. Was purchased brand new. Have not consulted an electrician yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just want to get it up and running now so any troubleshooting you can provide would be great!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/18/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Look at the back of the copier. Is the power cord well plugged in?

And also, near where the power cord is plugged in - is there such a thing as a power switch there, possibly switched to OFF ? if so, switch it ON there, and then try turning it ON again.

After that - yes, in being moved, it might have been harmed. Copiers can be harmed quite badly by slightly ungently moving, or inept moving (by moving I mean, from building to another building, or farther.) I have seen severe harm requiring savvy and expert repair having happened from a slightly bumpy moving of a copier.

Would you need more help and advice? If so, Reply and let me know.