Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson WorkForce WF-3620. I have a message "Cannot…

Customer Question
I have an Epson...

I have an Epson WorkForce WF-3620. I have a message "Cannot the following ink cartridge(s). It is showing the black 252XL cartridge. I don't think the cartridge is empty since there was no low level warning, so I have not tried a new cartridge. I have taken out all cartridges and replaced them. That didn't work. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Epson WorkForce WF-3620. I'm using an Epson high capacity black cartridge.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I'm on a MAC OS 10.12.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just happened yesterday. No warning. No low ink level warning.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. That's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/18/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Just started yesterday.
No thanks.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Hold power button while I'm unplugging or after unplugged?

After unplugged please

Done. Still unplugged.

OK can you connect it back up and tell me If this has halped?

It's back on. No improvement. Still getting "Cannot recognize . . . " message.

OK - can you give me the serial and date (approx) of purchase?

Serial #SEDY049186. I have no idea when I purchased it. It has been several years.