Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We just switched to U-Verse TV which is wireless. Set up…

Customer Question
We just switched to...

We just switched to U-Verse TV which is wireless. Set up computer, works fine but my Epson XP 440 will not print. I went through the set up process but still does not work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Model: C11CF2720 bought it on 8-11-17 Epson XP-440

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Window 7 PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We just got the new wireless last night. Today is the first time I have tried to print something

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/19/2017
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 10 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

if it is set up as wifi

you have to do the ENTIRE setup process again

starting with connecting the printer to the wifi network

if you have already done this,

go to the devices and printers folder

see if there is more than one copy of the printer. if so one might work and the other not. remove the one that does not work ( you can test them by right clicking on each and selecting PRINTER PROPERTIES then under general tab click print test page)

if none work

remove them

and then click the add printer button

it should find the printer on the network

if it does click next next etc and it will set up and work

if it does NOT find the printer on the network

you need to re connect the printer to the new wifi network using the menu on the printer itself. if you need instructions for this please let me know.