Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a PIXMA MX310 that I set up a few years ago on my…

Customer Question
I have a PIXMA...

I have a PIXMA MX310 that I set up a few years ago on my Mac. I recently got a Mac High Sierra and the setup CD-ROM doesn't install the MX310 on it. I keep getting a message telling me that no driver is installed. I have been fooling around with this for a couple weeks without success. Can you suggest something for me? - Jim Faught

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

It's a 2007 Office All-In-One PIXMA MX310

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It's a Mac High Sierra. (Where do I find what the OS is?)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It happened when I got the new Mac High Sierra from work. Prior to that, it worked fine on my old Mac.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon Jim! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today. I was able to find the drivers for Mac on this link. You'll need to download and use those to get it to work again. Because it's an older printer, you may need to use an older driver listed under Mac --> CLICK HERE

Please test this out and let me know the results and we'll go from there. Please also remember to rate my service using the stars when you get a chance. Thanks!