Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson Workforce 545 All in one. Keep getting communication…

Customer Question
Epson Workforce 545 All...

Epson Workforce 545 All in one. Keep getting communication error and will not print

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson Workforce 545 about 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Working on Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About a week or so. I was getting print but it took a long time for the page to print. Now it just sits with this error.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That is pretty much the whole issue. We have been sending pages to be printed from our phones and tablets without any issues. When I use the desktop i get the communication error.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/18/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 10 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following steps:

Solution #1:

1. Make sure printer is powered on.
  2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the upper left corner of your computer's screen, then click on System Preferences.
  3. Click on Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax).
  4. There, click on your Epson printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and confirm Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Epson item showing there for now.
  5. Click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects your Epson printer.
  6. If yes, click on your Epson printer, then then click on Add.
  7. Then see if you can print now.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

If that does not work, please try:

Solution #2:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your Internet modem / router device(s) for about 3 minutes, then reconnect.
  2. Turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord from the printer for about 2 minutes. Then reconnect, then turn the printer back on.
  3. Wait about 5 minutes.
  4. Then on the computer, do this step again: Click on the Apple logo / menu -> System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax). Then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and it should detect your Epson printer, then select it, and add it. Then see if you can print now.

If it still does not work, to confirm, the phones and tablets are printing fine, but the computer is not printing. Is that correct?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.