Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I own a pixma mg7760. I have had no issues with it until…

Customer Question
I own a pixma...

I own a pixma mg7760

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?

I have had no issues with it until now. The paper feed works etc however nothing gets printed on the paper. The Y cartridge has just started to blink slowly however not as quick as other have as the ink has run out

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I just print from my iPad and Apple Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I replaced the PGBX and then noticed C and GY were blinking madly

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It’s 3 years old been running perfectly

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/18/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 10 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
CustomerThank you.
I will get onto it ASAP.
May take a while.
Where are you from, I’m in Australia’s

Take your time. Please be back with the result.

I am from India.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I will turn it off now

HI,

How is the print now?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Same happening.
There was no ink on the cartridge connections or inside.
The machine went through the usual noises and then spat out a blank sheet again.

Please try cleaning the printhead two or three times by following the instructions in the link below.

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/MG7700%20series/EN/BG/bg-maintenance1500.html

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Nothing came out on the print pattern just plain paper
Everything seems to be working other than the printing

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
No

Have you tried replacing all the cartridges? Make sure that all cartrdiges are installed properly.

If the issue persists even after replacing all the cartridges, that means the issue is with the printhead, and replacing the printhead will be too costly. It is better to get a new printer instead of replacing the printhead or getting the printer repaired.

Thank you.

Customer/p>