Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How can I clear a paper jam? Is there a switch to release…

Customer Question
How can I clear...

How can I clear a paper jam? Is there a switch to release the stuck paper? After printing a series of sheets, one sheet went in crooked and jammed the mechanism.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

The printer is a Canon. The title on the handbook says: PIXMA MP210.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Computer is a PC. Neither the computer nor the printer is new. Don't know how old. Don't know what the Operating System is --how can I find out?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This issue is new, now. Never happened before. The manual for the printer has the title: PIXMA MP210. Don't know whether this info. got to you in the previous message, I sent a minute ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that, although I use the computer a lot, I am quite ignorant about the technical aspects. I looked at the "devices screen, then clicked on Cannon. Learned nothing. Also looked through the manual and didn't find the topic of jammed paper feed.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/18/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 8 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

There is no switch to remove the paper jam. Please try the instructions in the link below.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART118173&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1510986818262

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>