Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Epson printer with a error code 97. Epson WF-3640. How do I

Epson printer with a error...
Epson printer with a error code 97.
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Epson WF-3640. How do I check the error code. The display says error code 0x97
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Today and I was printing 2copis
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should be 2 copies of the same thing it was 4 pages double sided in black and white
11/18/2017
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still no change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a newer model, so depending on purchase date you should still be under the epson 1 year warranty (if registered when new, they usually extend it to 2), and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it. Beyond the warranty, it would cost more to fix than to replace.

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim at that point if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
It did not work so I will get a new printer please cancel all charges I don’t want a service plan at this time
You are not obligated to a membership but you did pay the agreed upon one time fee which covers my time and expertise in explaining and diagnosing the problem as an independent tech.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Please cancel all charges do not want the trial service or any monthly service Just cancel , I’m buying a new printer

Again, you are not obligated to a membership or trial, nor are you currently set up for one.

This is a paid support service however and you were charged the fees you agreed to when posting your question, for one time help. In exchange, I provided the diagnosis and explanation above. We're all independent techs here, I have no ability to cancel or refund anything, and to ask for that would have the effect of forcing me to work for free for my time spent helping in good faith.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have no problem with the $5.00 charge I was under the impression that the $18 was for the trial period and if I didn’t want was refundable
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I don’t want the service so someone needs to refund the $18.00. I have already call my credit card company

We're all independent techs here, I have no control over any billing or account matters, but it sounds like you misread the terms. It is clearly explained on the payment page, you paid the correct amount that you agreed to on the payment page. The 5 was to post your question, the balance for an answer. If you opted for an ongoing subscription, then this would have been included in that. Again asking for a refund, or disputing the fee you agreed to, is then forcing me to work for free for my time spent providing an honest and accurate answer in good faith. I apologize I don't have better news for you, but had you gone to a repair shop you'd be charged a minimum of $100 diagnostic fee for the exact same answer.

Nathan, Engineer