Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon MP160 printer and the paper will not feed…

Customer Question
I have a Canon...

I have a Canon MP160 printer and the paper will not feed through the printer.

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It has not done this before. I got this printer from my son about a year ago and I'm not sure how long he had it prior to that.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have an ACER computer (brand new) and I'm running Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It happen a couple of times last week with my previous computer. I also noticed it would sometimes pull the page in slightly crooked, with the right side dipping first.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/17/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Can you tell me when this problem started?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I don't want to pay any more money and I'm sorry I started this conversation. I thought I was dealing with Canon Canada.

Canon Canada will not help you free of cost as the printer is out of warranty and they may charge more money for support, if you wish then I can help you to solve the problem.

No thanks. Bye
I don’t want to hear from another technician. I gave you $5.00 for nothing. I am done with you.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hi there, it looks like your issue was not resolved. I was reviewing what was happened on the previous conversation. There was some miscommunication might caused. I apologize for what have happened today, Paying for the service and issue was not resolved. Even I wouldn't link it either. You already paid for this question and I can help you with your question now. If that doesn't work you can contact our customer support for cancellation of this service.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did research and found that If the paper feed roller is dirty, paper is not fed properly because the paper feed roller slips. the best solution for this issue will be Cleaning the Paper Feed Rollers.

• If the paper feed roller is dirty, paper is not fed properly because the paper feed roller slips. Cleaning the paper feed roller could resolve the paper feeding problem. Please follow the instructions below to clean the Paper Feed Rollers directly from the unit.

Caution: Since the cleaning process wears down the paper feed roller, perform this procedure only when necessary.

1. Ensure that the printer is powered on and remove any paper from the Auto Sheet Feeder (ASF).
  2. Confirm that a number is ***** in the LED
  3. Press the <Maintenance> button repeatedly until [b] appears.
  4. Press the <Black> or <Color> button. The paper feed roller cleaning starts.
  5. Open the Paper Output Tray.
  6. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the ASF and open the paper output tray.
  7. Perform paper feed roller cleaning (steps 3 and 4) one time. Paper will be fed.
  8. If paper is not fed properly, repeat steps 3 and 4 twice without paper and then try paper feed roller cleaning with paper loaded.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Or else if you really want to cancel this service, You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support Thank you