Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP ENVY 4500 was previously connected to a router that is…

Customer Question
My HP ENVY 4500...

My HP ENVY 4500 was previously connected to a router that is no longer working. My new roster only has LAN connection ports. Is there a way to connect the printer to the new router?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

More than a year, but probably ;less than two years.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Between one ad two years old. Model. SDGOB-1301

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The router stopped woking. Everything except the printer is now working with the new router.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/17/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 8 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

What's the make / model of your new router?

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your new router for the model of it?

What's the make / model of your computer?

Does your new router have Wi-Fi / wireless feature? If yes, have you tried the Settings / Wireless setup wizard on the printer's screen?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

I have a Mac, but my wife also connected wirelessly to the printer from her iPad with the previous modem.The Modem is ZyXEL, model number VMG4381-810A.Yes, it connects a laptop printer as well as two iPads to the internet by Wi-Fi.

Thank you for replying back.

1. To confirm, on the printer, you did this: Go to the Settings / Wireless setup wizard on the printer's screen and connect the printer to the new router's Wi-Fi / wireless network name successfully. What's the IP address on the printer?

2. And on the iPad's, you go to Settings > Wi-Fi and connect the iPad's to the new router's Wi-Fi / wireless network name successfully.

3. Are you currently able to print from any of the iPads with the new router?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is it going?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,