Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson printer colors terrible ... all washed out and

Customer Question
Epson printer colors terrible...

Epson printer colors terrible ... all washed out and indistinct

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson 3520 all in one

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

WF520 sorry ... WF3520

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was printing pretty good colors, but then just stopped

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Mac OS 10.10.5

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/17/2017
Technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Have you tried cleaning the print head at all?

How many times did you run the cleaning operation?

2

It can sometimes take up to 5 runs. Could you try it a few more times for me?

I gotta go to appt. Will clean again tomorrow

Okay, please let me know the results after you clean it

cleaned it twice more. However, Now ... total frustration, though, because my macBook Pro CANNOT find the printer (set up for wireless). This happens a lot. I have to reboot the modem, then the printer is again found -- once! -- and the next time I try to print, it can't find the printer again. I think I need a new pinter??????
Technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago

Hi, sorry for the delay as my hours are Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 10:30 AM - 6 PM EST. Did the cleaning solve the quality issue? And we can try a few things to fix this connection issue

I am getting a new wifi (the "eero" in a week) so best to revisit the issue after the eero is installed, right?

That would be correct. Addressing the connection issue would be best once you have your Eero all set up.

Was the quality issue resolved after the two additional cleanings?

Quality issue not resolved.