Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Canon Pixma keeps giving me a "Load paper" message when…

Customer Question
My Canon Pixma keeps...

My Canon Pixma keeps giving me a "Load paper" message when there is paper in the tray. Jinny

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No, this is the first time. Probably 5 years. j

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Dell PC. Microsoft (is that an operating system?) J

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just started. Didn't do anything unusual before printing something. J

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/17/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

May I have the exact model number of your printer?

where would I find that?
Do not connect.
I think it is a Pixma MX430
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Thank you for that information. I will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do not connect. Just give me an answer. J
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

our printer actually has two paper trays (not sure if you knew that). If you look at the top in the back, there is a section you can lift up - it turns into a back for paper to rest against. Paper can either feed from the top or the tray. The tray is located just below the exit door (where paper would come out).

I do not see an extra paper tray. If there was one, it would be very incomvenient as my printer is on a pull-out shelf. I only have five more minutes at home. J
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Please find the image files and let me know if you can find the second tray

Forget this. I am really dissatisfied and will give your website a bad review. J
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Please kindly review the previous solution which I posted. Let me know if that works.