Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Two things. All of the information is on the 8710 that I…

Customer Question
Two things. All of...

Two things. All of the information is on the 8710 that I purchased a few months ago but just got set up 2 weeks ago and am not able to mesh with the internet to attach items to send to individuals. Plus all of the information on the printer is for the 8710 but the label on the printer says it is a 8715. I need to know what I have to have to get the printer set up. I am currently using a arris to connect the computer to my internet carrier.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a HP Office JET Pro 8710 or 15 all in one seriesI

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I am using a Dell windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I actually just took the printer out of the box a few days ago and got the printer copy from emails but on the printer screen it is asking me to select the connection method, either connect the printer to a wireless ? Etherent

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Ethernet or connect later.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/17/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

First of all, you may have to decide whether you are going to connect your printer to the network with a hardwired ethernet connection or through wifi.

Once the printer is successfully connected to the internet, you can setup the printer using your Dell computer which is connected to the internet. During the setup process, it will prompt you to choose whether your printer is connected wireless or through hardwired connection.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Please follow the below instructions to connect to the wifi:

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Setup icon .

3. Touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

4. Touch the name of your network in the list of available networks, and then touch OK.

5. If the list does not contain your network name, touch Enter New Network Name, and then follow the on-screen instructions to enter your network name.

6. If prompted, type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.

A summary screen displays. Touch OK to return to the home screen.

NOTE:

If a connection error message displays, make sure you typed the uppercase (capital) and lowercase (small) letters for the network name and password ***** Follow the prompts to type the information again.