Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I keep getting a message: "Alignment failed. Refer to device…

Customer Question
I keep getting a...

I keep getting a message: "Alignment failed. Refer to device documentation for details." I've done the self-diagnostic, cleaned the printer heads and replaced the ink cartridges.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

It appears that cyan and yellow won't print.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Sorry, it's a HP Officejet Pro 8500 All in one

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was printing fine yesterday but then the printing became streaky and faded. It said that the ink was low so I changed the ink cartridges thinking that was the problem. That's when I started getting the error message.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/17/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

How old is the printer?

Probably close to 10 years

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.