Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have a canon printer pixma mx870 - we cannot get the ink…

Customer Question
We have a canon...

We have a canon printer pixma mx870 - we cannot get the ink head holder into the correct position to add the ink cartridges. We removed two of the black ink cartridges to be certain we were getting the right replacements. Now, we cannot move the head holder to insert the replacement. The error message is C000.

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hasn't done this before and it's perhaps 5 or more years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

We are on a mac - and it's not connected to the internet.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We removed the ink cartridges - as I wrote in the initial inquiry - and we left the machine open.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/17/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

C000 is an ink carriage issue.

Unplug the power cord from the printer

Use your hand to manually move the carriage over and replace the ink