Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Getting message that another computer is using my printer,

Getting message that another...

Getting message that another computer is using my printer, which of course is not the case

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Canon mx492

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc, windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Many months. The printer often appears offline, so I turn it off and on again and usually it connect to wireless and prints, although sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes I get the "another computer..." message. If I go away, after 15 or 20 minutes, printing may start

11/17/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket) and power off the computer

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and power on the printer and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I've done this many times before, but will do it again for you.

Just to rule this out please

ok, 10 minutes are up. Here goes.
Printer came back without "another computer message," then immediately gave me the message again

Ok, on your computer press the windows key and R

Type in the run box

services.msc

press enter

locate print spooler

Click it and click stop, then once stopped, click on start

Then try to print please.

It's working. Is this a permanent solution, or just the work around?

It should be permenent, but if it returns, let me know here please, but it points to a stuck service

Thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician