Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My primary computer is a Toshiba laptop, satellite P870-004.

Hi. my primary computer...

Hi. my primary computer is a Toshiba laptop, satellite P870-004. A great computer, I have a Epson WF3620 connected by wi fi to this laptop, also a secondary \HP laptop as Ipad and a IPhone. Al devises printed great until about two weeks ago. My Toshiba goes through the process of printing but only spits out a BLANK page, no printing. Although when I print a test page or a old document with my logo at the top the logos is printed, on the test page the blue printer logo is printed but nothing else. For a while I was getting "printer off line" message but I could print from my other devices. I did call Epson but they say its a printer issue given I have some spaces in the test print after the head cleaning but I have no problem printing from my other devices.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?

I believe a setting has been changed or lost on my Toshiba ???? Serial # XC044877Q Satellite P870-004, PSPLFC-004003 running Windows 10 Home version 1703, OS Build 15063.674 Product id 00326-10000-00000-AA042

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes it went through an update a week or so ago, but trying to correct the issue of not printing I even reinstalled the printer by way of the CD

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

done that didn't work

Do you hear any fans running when it tries to start?

I just lost you on my toshiba, what's the story, I just paid by PayPal and then as soon as I got in it wanted another payment, what is you help going to cost me and do I pay when you fix it ???

Hi there

I replied to you but you must have missed it.

I will repeat

No
Everything else is running and working fine. ,,,,,, are you employed br Toshiba!

When did it last work for you?

Not sure , about a week ago

ok, I want to do a system restore please.
To do this, close all programs.
Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens
rstrui
Press enter
Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred.
Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please

System restore running now. The date was 2017-11-14

Thank you

Still working

Thank you

The system is initializing, but a question, when I went on run. And the restore came it it only offered one date that being 2017-11-14, Could I have entered an earlier date ?. And I restored it earlier.

You can only select from the list if other points are available, you would see these there.

Ok, Only the one date was offered, Still initializing !

thanks

Stand by, it finally came back on, showing the desktop but all I could do is click the icon but nothing would open. I have turned it off and now restarting

Ok, let me know if it prints once you restart please

It PRINTS, thank you it's slow but it does print, is there a reasons why it is so slow it start up and open files

It will likely have a lot of programs loaded on, try to uninstall as many as you do not need to speed it up

Great it is now working and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician
Thank you again, and yes you have earned 5 stars,
My printer appears to be working fine, I am able to print and there appears to be no issues having reset my computer back to the last install.Thank you