Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just replaced blank ink cartridge on my Epson XP-410. Had a…

Customer Question
Just replaced blank ink...

Just replaced blank ink cartridge on my Epson XP-410. Had a message two days ago that I needed to that. Purchased a new cartridge yesterday. I have installed it in the same way I always do, and keep getting the message "Cannot recognize cartridge. Try installing again." I turned on/off the printer twice to see if that would make a difference. all other color cartridges have plenty of ink. Tried cleaning ink heads but I don't think the printer did that, at least based upon the fact that there was no sound or movement. Any other suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes, I purchased it sometime in Fall of 2013 when I moved here.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacBook Air, 3 months new Das OS Sierra 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Printing was fine on Wednesday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I did not hear a "click" when I put in new cartridge, which I usually hear

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/17/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please